Live Presentations in New York City
This fall, I’ll be giving a series of interactive seminars, with an emphasis on the active. Public speaking is not a spectator sport but it is a type of performing, not unlike playing an instrument or athletic games. As such, you need to know how to prepare yourself to “take the stage,” and make choices that are a good fit for both your audience and your message.
My expertise lies in getting people to shed their fears and replace them with new tools for getting any message across. I’ve been lucky to work in New York City, which has the best array of faces and stories you’ll ever see. After 25 years of coaching, I never get bored, and I make sure my clients are never boring, too!
Click here for details about my Autumn lectures, lessons & tips: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/confident-speaking-for-the-successful-life-pushing-your-limits-tickets-27418097267.
Live Group Coaching
Workshops are highly instructive as well as interactive, creating long-lasting results. Workshops can be conducted onsite or off. We offer three different options: half-day, 2 half-days, and custom scheduling.
Ideal for: businesses who are serious about their overall proficiency with professional presenting skills, social do’s & don’ts, and conversing with industry eloquence.
These events are provided a list of 8-10 current topics relating to confident self-expression. According to the needs of the group and the goals of the business, a program is customized from the ala carte options into a seamless and enjoyable experience.
Online Coaching Program
Ideal for: Individuals & groups who want to learn best practices to command attention and avoid mistakes when presenting.
The Enterprising Enquirer™
You are: Not currently employed and shopping around for the best position possible; or you’re working in a job while planning your exit and next move, or you’re just getting started in business.
The skills that will help you accomplish these include:
- Resume writing
- Phone skills
- Branding avatar
- Elevator pitch
This 5 module coaching program will arm you with everything you’ll need for professional poise & strategic actions in gaining your ideal next career.
It’s a disciplined approach emphasizing creative thinking, thoughtful research, and practice (rehearsing) effectively.
Structured with a combination of live online meetings, downloadable worksheets and auto-synchronous videos, all of which will keep you informed, motivated and empowered. Finding the right fit for your next career move should be done with the support of others, and the guidance of experience.
Live Private Coaching in NYC
Ideal for: People who are serious about building and growing their business using their presenting skills, marketing strategies & business acumen.
The Eloquent Entrepreneur™
You are: In business for yourself or with a partner; working for someone and planning your own additional business, or prepping for a career makeover and taking your game up two notches.
The skills that will help you do this can include:
Pitching an idea–
- writing for spoken word vs the written word
- delivery skills, to make your words come to life
- styling strategically
- engaging others with small talk
- following up
- what do you want for both sides?
- working with the camera
- styling, hair & makeup
- how well you deliver your copy influences your listeners
- voice quality matters- are you getting the most out of yours?
- no longer being taught in the home
- the consequences are not good for the workplace
- they are vital to success
- now writing for the written word
- this skill is a must for engaging an online audience
- the ultimate test of an expert presenter
- speaking live is necessary for leadership
- when you master live speaking, you have the ability to transition easily to other platforms
This private, intensive program provides you with the professional polish, poise & commanding presence you’ll need to showcase your business.
Working intensively with Katie Karlovitz, you’ll be expertly guided through the transformative experience of fully “owning” your voice and your message. Special care is used with learning how to manage stage fright (Katie’s had lots of personal experience with this!)
Sessions combine six live, in-person meetings in NYC, with an additional 24 calls, phone calls and on-going email support. Downloadable worksheets and a copy of the book, On Speaking Terms, are included.
The Empowered Executive™
You are: Ready to embrace the high-visibility events and platforms for getting your message out; clear on your values and priorities in business; extremely knowledgeable as well as curious and open to new experiences.
Using speaking skills strategically to position you for prime opportunities & leadership responsibilities. The topics suggested for this level of coaching include, but are not limited to:
- Keynote speech –
- TEDx- like in style and substance
- this is a meticulously crafted and rehearsed script, created to showcase your leadership in thought, word and deeds
- running approximately from 12-18 minutes, you will experience the power of holding an audience in rapt attention
- Networking events –
- how to ace them all, from clambakes to The Ritz-Carleton…
- how to work the room while being yourself
- styling that lets you stand out in crowds
- follow-up tips of the pros
- On/camera technique –
- learn how to work with the camera for maximum impact
- boost your promotional ROI with three easy tips
- working with a teleprompter takes practice & is fun
4. Strategic presenting–
- which events are best for now?
- what will you aim for in one year?
- where are the ideal opportunities to grow your audience?
Options: you can add these for events that can be recorded and edited together, for your future use. Most professional speakers have “reels” which are clips of different speeches, edited together and highlighting the speaker’s style, message, and audience receptivity and interaction.
- Camera-ready Hair & makeup
- Wardrobe rental
- Professional audio & video recording services
- Editing and social medial applications
- Sessions are live and by Skype, for 3 months
- All study materials are provided via mail
- Two complimentary copies of On Speaking Terms
- All private one-on-one coaching with Katie Karlovitz, with a two month follow up support system of calls and email to ensure progress is moving in the right direction.
Questions? I’m happy to see them ↣